5 Misconceptions About Winter Activities in the Upper Peninsula
There are often some stereotypes that come along with the beauty of Pure Michigan in the winter. This certainly rings true in the Upper Peninsula, which some people think is nearly uninhabitable during the cold weather months. But as U.P. residents and enthusiasts will tell you, there’s so much to enjoy during the winter season in the U.P. Don't let these misconceptions about Upper Peninsula winters stop you from experiencing unforgettable cold weather fun.
- Winter travel limits the fun
- Everything is closed in the winter
- It’s too cold to do anything outside
- There’s nothing to see in the U.P., especially in the winter
- There’s nothing in the Upper Peninsula that you can’t find in the Lower Peninsula